Accidents that are caused by the negligence of others can leave victims and their families with significant financial burdens that will need to be dealt with during or soon after their recovery. Though accident victims may be able to recover compensation with a personal injury claim, it will first be necessary to demonstrate in court that the responsible party acted negligently. Bearing that in mind, an experienced injury attorney can help you determine whether the circumstances of your accident meet the basic components of negligence under Louisiana state law. To do so, the accident must have occurred under the following circumstances:
- A duty existed for the responsible party, i.e. to not operate a vehicle while intoxicated
- This duty was breached, i.e. a person did operate a vehicle while intoxicated
- This breach of duty caused the accident, i.e. an accident caused by impairment
- The consequences of this breach of duty should have been obvious
- There was actual harm caused by this breach of duty, i.e. injury, property damage
If you believe that your accident was caused by the negligence of another, you should consult with Lake Charles personal injury attorney [firm-name] about what legal claim you may now be eligible to pursue against the responsible party. To speak with a injury attorney in Lake Charles about the particulars of your claim, please call our offices at [phone-number] today.