CPSC releases hoverboard safety tips to prevent fire and injuries
As federal authorities continue to investigate fire risks tied to hoverboards, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has recently released safety tips for consumers to avoid hoverboard-related accidents this holiday season.
- Do not buy hoverboards from disreputable or unknown retailers
- Wear safety gear similar to what skateboarders wear when riding a hoverboard
- Avoid riding hoverboards near moving vehicles
- Charge hoverboards away from materials that may catch fire and make sure to monitor hoverboards when charging
- Do not charge hoverboards immediately after use
- Only buy hoverboards with testing certifications
According to CPSC Chairman Elliot Kaye, officials are currently investigating fire incidents linked to hoverboards and will update consumers as soon as possible. Consumers were also told to immediately report any hoverboard-related accidents to the CPSC.
If you or a loved one in Lake Charles has suffered injuries or property damage as a result of a defective product, contact N. Craig Richardson by calling (337) 433-0234 to discuss your legal options today.