5 Essential Areas You Will Cover When Meeting With a Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents happen for many reasons, high speed, traffic, lack of concentration, and many more. Repercussions of the accident can bring severe damages and injuries. If you’ve been involved in one, chances are you’ll need the assistance of an expert in Truck Accident Law to fully recovery compensation. Below are a few items you will need when meeting with an attorney for an initial consultation. Many of the accident details can be found in the accident report if it’s been filed.
- Detailed information about the truck and its company
- The name of the company the driver works for?
- The name of the truck driver and their commercial license number?
- The truck’s license plate number?
- Any identifying details about the truck?
- Details about the truck accident
You’ve probably suffered physically after the accident and writing down what happened immediately following it was not a priority. The details of the accident will play a role in your ability to obtain sufficient compensation. So, if you have not already done so, start writing down the following details.
- Why did the accident occur?
- Was a police report filed?
- Were you or the other driver issued traffic violations?
- Did anyone at the scene take photographs or video of the accident?
- Were additional cars or trucks involved in the accident?
- Medical records after the truck accident
If you had to seek medical attention after the commercial truck wreck you should bring copies of the medical records to your consultation. Below are few additional questions you may want to reflect on before the meeting.
- What was your medical diagnosis immediately following the accident?
- What course of treatments was prescribed if any?
- Do you have a follow-up appointment scheduled with the attending physician?
- Are there any normal activities you are unable to perform due to injuries sustained?
- Did you have an MRI, CT or X-ray performed after the accident? If so, bring copies of the report to your appointment.
- Have you ever had a similar injury?
- The condition of your vehicle after the accident?
- How old is/was your vehicle (year, make and model)?
- How long have you owned the vehicle and are you still making payments on it?
- Do you have an insurance policy for your vehicle? If so, bring the insurance card with you.
- Do you have photographs of your car’s condition before and after the accident?
- Personal and financial details about you
- After accessing your accident, your attorney will need you to provide detailed information personal and professional life.
- What is your occupation and income, if any?
- Are you self-employed or the name company you work for?
- Have you been in an accident before?
- How much work have you missed due to the accident?
The team at N. Craig Richardson has over 40 years’ experience obtaining compensation for clients injured in commercial truck accidents. If you were seriously injured, give us a call for your free consultation.